Meet Kimberly Freeman ’02, our UCLA Anderson Assistant Dean for Diversity Initiatives and Community Relations. Kimberly brings three degrees and a career’s worth of making a difference in industry back to UCLA Anderson.
Kimberly discusses her education and career and commitment, including:
- being a ‘born and bred’ product of Los Angeles
- earning degrees from Berkeley (Engineering) and USC (Public Policy) before earning her UCLA Anderson MBA
- commuting from the Bay Area during FEMBA
- being an energy lobbyist, working with Southern California Gas company before coming back to UCLA Anderson
- managing a ‘career as a laboratory’; seeking and finding mentors; always growing; sharing success
- building the confidence of a leader through the stages of a career
- civic engagement and asking the big questions of one’s career, like “How can I contribute to society?” and “How will I measure success?”
We hope you enjoy this interview with a very successful UCLA Anderson alumna, Kimberly Freeman.