In honor of Veterans Day, our Drive Time Podcast features FEMBA Alum and Marine Corps Veteran, Doug Longo ’14. Currently residing in Austin, Texas, and working for Dimensional Fund Advisors as a Fixed Income Investment Strategist, Doug was our FEMBA Council President during his time at Anderson as well as VP of the Anderson Student Asset Management (ASAM). Currently, he is the official UCLA Anderson Regional Ambassador in Austin.
This Drive Time interview covers a lot about Doug and UCLA Anderson:
- Being one of youngest Sergeants in Marine Corps history. Doug enlisted in his junior year of high school. He was the “Doogie Howser” of the Marine Corps at 20 years of age.
- Earning the Navy Achievement Medal
- Charting his career from Bear Stearns to Merrill Lynch to UCLA Anderson to Dimensional Fund Advisors
- Consistently being a servant leader before, during, and after FEMBA
- Fast-tracking FEMBA to graduate early and start at Dimensional Fund Advisors
- Hearing his gratitude at getting to work at DFA, and connecting with some of the titans of finance, including Nobel Laureate Eugene Fama and Ken French as in the Fama-French three-factor model, plus LOTS of Anderson MBAs.
- For more on Doug, read this moving tribute that was compiled by his classmates.
Download our podcasts for offline listening.