We thought about titling this interview “Are you kidding me? Where did you find the time?” Mark E. Lee, FEMBA 2017, Founding Partner of Halo Media Group, FEMBA Council Executive Board Member, is a high-participation leader here at UCLA Anderson. Enjoy this interview and hear about Mark’s global, FEMBA rock star experience, including:
- Going on 5 Global Immersions:
Greece, Vietnam, and South Africa (all three as a student);
Thailand/Myanmar and Japan (as a teaching assistant)
- Founding and Owning Halo Media Group
- Being married with two kids; how FEMBA was/is a family choice/experience
- Going from Harvard (archeology/pre-med) to Los Angeles (Entertainment / Entrepreneurship and FEMBA Rock Star!)
- Serving on FEMBA Council Executive Board, VP of Marketing
- Being Entertainment & Media Association, VP
- Experiencing the Global Access Program with an Australian firm
- Teaching Assistant this Spring 2017 to UCLA Anderson Dean Judy Olian and Professor Peter Guber (Chairman & CEO of Mandalay Entertainment; Co-Owner of the Golden State Warriors, and more) and their leadership class
- “Mamer-isms” from first quarter statistics with Professor John Mamer
- Creating a “no one left behind” philosophy in FEMBA study groups
- Describing the unique impact of FEMBA Council here at UCLA Anderson
- Being in the Entertainment Media Association
Inviting Joss Whedon (Director of “The Avengers” to speak at Korn Convocation Hall (along with MEMES and Professor Sanjay Sood)
- Specializing in both Global Management and also Entertainment Management
- “Paying FEMBA Forward” to my kids
Above, left to right: Mike Fetterman 2017, Larry Eng 2018, Victor Gebhardt 2018, Margaret Chang 2018, Jason Davenport 2017, Audrey Barker 2018, Chris Ferruzzi 2017, Susan Francia 2018, Yvonne Tran 2017, Ekta Talwar 2017, and Mason Wang 2017.
Above, left to right: Victor Shyu 16, Mark Reidy 17, Ray Obico 16, Christopher Ferruzzi 17, Brittany Blackamore 16, Mark Lee 17, Caitlin Cassidy 17, and Jonathan Driscoll 17.
Enjoy the podcast with Mark!